FAQs – Hayward
1. How do I access my voice mailbox remotely after the voicemail cut-over?
To access voicemail remotely from off-campus dial (510) 885-7020 or from an on-campus phone other than your own, dial 5-7020. You will be prompt, to enter your mailbox, press #. Enter your 7-digit mailbox number (885xxxx, your telephone number), then enter your security code.
2. How do I transfer a caller directly to someone's voice mailbox after the voicemail cut-over?
From the conversation press the transfer button and then dial 5-7020. The voicemail attendant will say "to enter your mailbox press #; to leave a voicemail message enter the 7-digit mailbox number" – DO NOT press #; just enter the destination 7-digit mailbox number (885xxxx). After which you can hang-up and the caller will get the designated voicemail box and leave his/her message.
3. How do I access my shared voice mailbox after the voicemail cut-over?
You were assigned a shared voicemail ID number (8xxxx) specific to your box. Just add 88 in front of your shared voicemail ID number (888xxxx), this is your 7-digit shared voicemail ID number.
To access the voicemail system:
- From your office telephone, dial * 5 (single-line phone) or press the voicemail button (digital phone) then enter your voice mailbox ID number (888xxxx) followed by your security code.
- From any other on-campus telephone, dial 57020, then press # followed by your voice mailbox ID number (888xxxx) then enter your security code.
- From an off-campus phone (home), dial (510) 885-7020. Press # followed by your voice mailbox ID number (888xxxx) then enter your security code.
4. How do I forward a voicemail message after the voicemail cut-over?
After you have listened to the message, press 6, the voicemail attendant will indicate "record your message at the tone, to stop recording and send your message press the # sign key." After you record your message and have pressed the # sign key, enter the 7-digit mailbox number (885xxxx) destination you want your message forwarded. If there are additional recipients you wish to forward this message you can enter the next 7-digit mailbox number. If there are no more recipients press the * key. Lastly, to send the message, press the # sign key.