ITSM Reengineering Program
California State University East Bay's ITS organization is currently executing the "IT Service Management (ITSM) Reengineering Program", where the goals of the program are the following:
- Raise IT Process Maturity Level by implementing ITIL best practices.
- To implement a culture shift at CSUEB, where all aspects of IT service delivery are reviewed on a continuing basis in an effort to raise the bar of the ITS organization over time.
The ITSM Reengineering Program will last 18-24 months and encompass multiple projects. The Program began in January 2013 and is expected to end in the second half of 2014. This website contains information about all of the projects being executed under the ITSM Reengineering Program umbrella.
From a business point of view, CSUEB expects to realize the following business objectives:
- Better align the strategy for IT services with campus business strategy and customer needs
- Improve the interaction and communication between IT service providers and customers
- Improve how IT service delivery is measured, monitored and reported
- Reduce cost and improve quality of IT services.
What exactly is an "IT Service"?
From the point of view of a Customer or End User, an IT Service is something that IT provides to you that has value to you, and that helps you accomplish your work. The following are some examples of IT Services:
- Applications you need like Email, Microsoft Office, PeopleSoft, Data Warehouse, Blackboard.
- Hardware you need like Computers, Printers, Phones.
- Services you need like Building a Web Page for your department.
- And more.
- 2nd round of Focus Groups - November 2013
- User Acceptance Testing - December 2013