ITS Smart Classroom Upgrade - Phase 1
California State University East Bay's ITS organization has successfully piloted a solution that will replace an old mechanical push button device with a network-based technology that will provide minimal Smart Classroom downtime and a user friendly interface for the faculty.
Improving Faculty's Smart Classroom experience:
- Provide a standard look and feel for Faculty
- Provide an online quick response to solution for any issues
- Provide a uniform user experience
- Provide a pro-active maintenance solution to improve classroom availability
- Provide room equipment usage and economic efficiency reporting
What impact is this to Faculty? :
- Faculty will not be expected to change or modify any of their material or equipment
- Training instructions will be sent to faculty the week before their classroom will be upgraded
- Faculty will need to access the link that is sent in the training instructions (it is three minutes long)
- Faculty will no longer need to push buttons to display devices on projectors, they will also be able to contact support via a chat window and click on a 'shutdown button' to power all devices off
- Faculty can still call the Service Desk for support (5-4357) or Classroom Technology Services (5-2999) or they can use the chat button to contact support
Utelogy is a network-based technology for the control and management of AV equipment and rooms. This application will provide the faculty and staff a dashboard interface to use, instead of a physical button. Utelogy is a flexible, software solution for the control and management of our AV systems, video conferencing or any application where you need an easy-to-deploy, easy-to-use and easy-to-support technology.
● Software doesn't get out-dated like hardware. Access to new features and functions is a simple upgrade away; so you can keep up with your evolving AV needs.
● Standardized control interface that user’s can appreciate.
● Complete control over the configuration and customization parameters gives you the power to make it work the way you want it to.
● Because it's network-aware, you can manage your AV systems from anywhere using simple system tools.
● Minimize Smart Classroom downtime.
● Align Smart Classroom Technology with faculty needs.
● Replace the mechanical switching component on top of the Smart Classroom AV
table with a user friendly dashboard interface.
● Provide faculty ‘chat’ capability and a one touch shut off to close down all devices.
● Provide data analytics on room component usage.
○ This is a two to three year project - 2013 thru 2015
○ Implementation of fifty or more classrooms a year or more
■ Includes the Concord Campus classrooms