Submit a Paper to the SCAA OWL
The SCAA Online Writing Lab (OWL) allows CSUEB students to submit papers online and receive tutor feedback via email. We make every effort to return your papers within 48 hourse after submission, but at heavy use times the response time may be longer. Our goal is to help students develop confidence as writers through the convenience of online feedback and collaboration. We are not a proofreading or editing service.
You may also submit your papers using eTutoring
> Please read the following and follow the steps in order to submit your paper to the SCAA OWL.
- Students may submit only ONE paper each 24 hrs.
- The SCAA makes every effort to return your paper within 48 hours (not including weekends, holidays, and breaks). THE OWL TUTORS DO NOT WORK DURING THESE TIMES, SO ANTICIPATE THIS WHEN YOU SUBMIT YOUR WORK. BE AWARE THAT AT TIMES DURING EACH QUARTER WHEN THE DEMAND FOR OWL SERVICES IS HIGH, THE RESPONSE TIME MAY BE LONGER THAN 48 HOURS.
- You may only submit work directly related to a class that you are currently taking at CSUEB.
- PAPER SIZE LIMIT - 6 DOUBLE SPACED PAGES. Longer papers will be returned to the sender.
- REMINDER: The OWL tutors do not work on the weekends, so if you submit a paper towards the end of the week, anticipate the delay in the response due to the weekend break.
- TO SUBMIT YOUR PAPER:
Fill out the form below. Make sure you fill in each field that is marked with an asterisk (*). Enter your CSUEB Horizon email account or other valid personal email in the field for email. PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU USE A VALID AND CORRECT EMAIL ADDRESS; OTHERWISE WE WILL HAVE DIFFICULTY RETURNING YOUR WORK TO YOU.
- In the section lebeled "Assignment Information," cut and paste or copy the instructions for the assignment EXACTLY AS IT APPEARS on your assignment sheet or syllabus. Your essay will not be accepted by the OWL without this information and your paper will be returned to you.
- Attach your paper (as an MS word document), then click the "Send Now" button at the bottom of the form. Please be thorough in completing the form, so we can effectively assist you.
- Once your paper has been successfully submitted, you will receive a confirmation email. If you do not receive a confirmation email (allow one hour), we may not have received your request or your email was entered incorrectly, so please resubmit or call the OWL Coordinator at 510 / 885-4511.
- When you submit a paper to the SCAA OWL, the words and ideas must be your own and display the use of proper citation style for any supporting evidence or sources when required or appropriate.