Welcome to Back to the Bay 2012
Back to the Bay Fall 2012 Schedule and Registration Form will be available soon.
Welcome to Back to the Bay 2012 Presented by California State University, East Bay. This annual event is sponsored by Faculty Support Services and Faculty Governance: Faculty Center for Excellence in Teaching; Online and Hybrid Support Center; and Information Technology Services - Media and Academic Technology Services. Since 2003, Back to The Bay has been bringing faculty together to share their expertise, and learn from one another and campus experts, about a range of topics of interest to faculty in their roles as teachers, advisors, researchers, users of technology, and active participants in the campus community. This year we offer a variety of workshops on pedagogy, research, governance, and teaching with technology at our state-of-the-art facilities.
This year's highlights ... Participants will be able to learn from other faculty on diverse topics such as:
- a variety of active and engaged learning strategies
- an approach to online learning that relies on reading, writing, and research
- creating professional ePortfolios using Google Sites
- best practices and opportunities for increasing the diversity of students graduating with STEM degrees
- addressing cheating in the classroom and ways to reduce the temptation to cheat
- learn who are students are and how we can support their learning by partnering with Institutional Research
- understanding the benefits and components of effective learning outcomes
All our workshops are presented by professionals and peers who share their tips, strategies, best practices, and technical tools to increase learning. All faculty and their support staff with supervisory approval can attend this "free" conference.
- September 20, 2012
- CSUEB Hayward Hills campus
- Valley Business and Technology Center
Register online by Tuesday, September 18, 2012
Participants who register by the deadline will receive a complimentary lunch and reception.