CSUEB furlough information and schedules
- August 20, 2009
- MEDIA CONTACT: Barry Zepel, Media Relations Officer, 510-885-3884
- or Monique Beeler, Associate Director, Public Relations, 510-885-4295
Most employees of the California State University will be furloughed an average of two days per month between Aug. 1, 2009 and June 30, 2010, due to cuts in state support for the CSU budget. Pursuant to negotiations between the CSU and collective bargaining units, each CSU campus will implement a furlough plan beginning August 2009.
Cal State East Bay's staff furlough schedule, approved by the CSU Chancellor’s Office, is included below. On these furlough days, classes will be in session and appropriate instructional support will be available. Most administrative offices will be closed. The Library and Student Housing offices will be open, but with reduced staff. The University Police Dispatch Office and patrols will remain fully staffed. Essential services will be available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
The Student Health Center, on the Hayward Campus, will have a reduced staff, with limited services, on furlough days after the start of the fall 2009 quarter. The center will not be open during the August furlough days.
Staff Furlough Schedule
Monday, August 10 (Hayward Campus only)
Friday, August 21 (Concord Campus only -- Library, Bookstore, Computer Lab & Administrative offices closed)
Monday, August 24 (Hayward Campus only)
Friday, August 28 (Concord Campus only -- Library, Bookstore, Computer Lab & Administrative offices closed)
From September through June, the Hayward & Concord campuses will have the same furlough days.
Friday, September 11 Freshman and Family Orientations to be held, as scheduled, 8 a.m.
Monday, September 14 — Campuses closed; no classes in session.
Friday, October 2
Friday, October 16
Friday, November 6
Friday, November 20
Tuesday, December 22 — Campuses closed; no classes in session.
Wednesday, December 23 — Campuses closed; no classes in session.
Thursday, December 24 — Campuses closed; no classes in session.
Thursday, December 31 — Campuses closed; no classes in session.
Friday, January 15
Friday, January 29
Friday, February 12
Friday, February 26
Friday, March 12
Friday, March 26 — Campuses closed; no classes in session.
Friday, April 9
Friday, April 23
Friday, May 7
Friday, May 28
Friday, June 18
Friday, June 25
Faculty Furlough Information
Furlough days for individual faculty members vary. Faculty furlough policies can be found at http://www.csueastbay.edu/OAA.
Services for Students on Furlough Days
Classes will be in session on furlough days, but most administrative offices will be closed.
- The Library and Student Housing offices will be open, but with reduced staff.
- The University Police Department and patrols will remain fully staffed.
- The Bookstore and food service locations will remain open with possible adjusted hours.
- The Student Health Center will be open, with reduced staff and limited services, on furlough days starting with the fall 2009 quarter.
- The Concord Campus Library, Bookstore, Computer Lab, and Student Health Center will be closed.
- University Police Services for the Concord Campus may be directed to the Hayward Campus Police office or to the Concord City Police.
Cal State East Bay will be closed for the following previously scheduled holidays.
- Labor Day: September 7, 2009
- Veterans Day: November 11, 2009
- Thanksgiving: November 26-27, 2009
- Christmas and New Years: December 25, 2009 — January 1, 2010
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day: January 18, 2010
- Cesar Chavez Day: March 31, 2010
- Memorial Day: May 31, 2010
- © Copyright California State University, East Bay.
California State University, East Bay is the San Francisco East Bay Area's high-access public university of choice. CSUEB serves the region with campuses in Hayward and Concord, a professional development center in Oakland, and an innovative online campus. With an enrollment of more than 14,000, the University offers a nationally recognized freshman year experience, award-winning curriculum, personalized instruction, and expert faculty. Students choose from among more than 100 professionally focused fields of study for which the University confers bachelor's and master's degrees, as well as an Ed.D. in education. Named a "Best in the West" college, as well as a Best Business School, by the influential Princeton Review, Cal State East Bay is among the region's foremost producers of teachers, business professionals and entrepreneurs, public administrators, health professionals, literary and performing artists, and science and math graduates.