This Month at CSUEB
- June 1, 2011
A digest of top, need-to-know dates, deadlines and events for faculty, staff and students, "This Month at CSUEB" is a regular feature of The View e-News. Read on for updates and previews of what’s happening at Cal State East Bay in the coming month:
• Five commencement ceremonies will be held at CSUEB in June. Pioneer Stadium is the site of the rites at the Hayward Campus, as follows: the College of Science at 6 p.m. June 10; the College of Letters, Arts and Social Sciences at 9 a.m. June 11; the College of Business and Economics at 3 p.m. June 11; and the College of Education and Allied Studies at 2 p.m. June 12. The Concord Campus will hold ceremonies at 9 a.m. June 12 at the Boatwright Sports Complex on that campus.
• The CSUEB Symphony Orchestra Concert, featuring Rodrigo’s “Concierto de Aranjuez” with Marc Teicholz, guitar, will be perform at 7:30 p.m. June 2 in MB 1055. Free admission to those with a CSUEB ID.
• Learn about social security and Medicare benefits from CalPERS and Social Security representatives at a June 20 workshop offered by the human resources benefits office. The workshop begins at 11:30 a.m. in the University Library Biella Room. Register by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• CSUEB Jazz Singers with Jazz Improv Ensembles will perform at 8 p.m. June 4 at the Berkeley Yacht Club, 1 Seawall Drive, Berkeley. Admission is free.
• Need to pick up supplies, go for a team lunch, or meet a colleague? Sign up for a Zipcar. Carpool or bike to work, and get a car when you need one during the workday. Users pay an hourly or daily rate, and Zipcar provides gas, insurance and 180 miles per day. Visit zipcar.com/csueastbay, and follow the links for faculty and staff.
- © Copyright California State University, East Bay.
California State University, East Bay is the San Francisco East Bay Area's high-access public university of choice. CSUEB serves the region with campuses in Hayward and Concord, a professional development center in Oakland, and an innovative online campus. With an enrollment of more than 14,000, the University offers a nationally recognized freshman year experience, award-winning curriculum, personalized instruction, and expert faculty. Students choose from among more than 100 professionally focused fields of study for which the University confers bachelor's and master's degrees, as well as an Ed.D. in education. Named a "Best in the West" college, as well as a Best Business School, by the influential Princeton Review, Cal State East Bay is among the region's foremost producers of teachers, business professionals and entrepreneurs, public administrators, health professionals, literary and performing artists, and science and math graduates.