This Month at CSUEB
- October 3, 2011
A digest of top, need-to-know dates, deadlines and events for faculty, staff and students, "This Month at CSUEB" is a regular feature of The View e-News. Read on for updates and previews of what’s happening at Cal State East Bay in the coming month:
• Google, which provides the university's e-mail service, has made a change in its terms of service starting Oct. 22 that may affect some faculty, staff members and students who signed up for selected Google applications -- such as Google Maps, Plus, eBookstore and Picasa -- using their CSUEB e-mail address. Those affected have been notified. Read more at the CSUEB Google Apps Web site.
• The annual CalPERS Open Enrollment period will run from Oct. 10 through Nov. 4. Changes made during Open Enrollment will go into effect Jan. 1, 2012. During Open Enrollment, employees may make changes in benefit plans including health, dental, Dependent Care Reimbursement Account (DCRA), Health Care Reimbursement Account (HCRA) and FlexCash plan. Employees also may enroll in MetLaw, the CSU group legal plan. Find open enrollment information on the HR Web site.
• Get your art fix at the 50th Annual Faculty and Staff Exhibition Oct. 18 through Nov. 23 in the University Art Gallery, on the first floor of the Art and Education Building on the Hayward campus. An opening reception will be held from 5 to 7 p.m. Oct. 18. View the exhibition from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Mondays through Wednesdays, and Saturdays; and from 2 to 7 p.m. Thursdays. Admission is free.
• Find tricks, treats, games and prizes at the annual Haunted Open House Oct. 26 at Student Health and Counseling Services on the Hayward campus. Tour the facility, meet the staff and learn about services available from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
• Latin percussionist John Santos will conduct a "First Tuesdays Jazz Masterclass" from 7 to 9 p.m. Nov. 1 in MB 1055. Admission is free.
- © Copyright California State University, East Bay.
California State University, East Bay is the San Francisco East Bay Area's high-access public university of choice. CSUEB serves the region with campuses in Hayward and Concord, a professional development center in Oakland, and an innovative online campus. With an enrollment of more than 14,000, the University offers a nationally recognized freshman year experience, award-winning curriculum, personalized instruction, and expert faculty. Students choose from among more than 100 professionally focused fields of study for which the University confers bachelor's and master's degrees, as well as an Ed.D. in education. Named a "Best in the West" college, as well as a Best Business School, by the influential Princeton Review, Cal State East Bay is among the region's foremost producers of teachers, business professionals and entrepreneurs, public administrators, health professionals, literary and performing artists, and science and math graduates.