This Month at CSUEB
- July 3, 2012
A digest of top, need-to-know dates, deadlines and events for faculty, staff and students, "This Month at CSUEB" is a regular feature of The View e-News. Read on for updates and previews of what’s happening at Cal State East Bay in the coming month:
• The Theatre and Dance Department will present the first of its "Professional Guest Artist Series" at 8 p.m. July 18 in the Studio Theatre, with a performance by AXIS Dance Company and NAKA (Navarrette X Kajiyama Dance Theater). The second performance in the series features Vietnam storyteller Thao Nguyen at 8 p.m. Aug. 1, also in the Studio Theatre. Tickets range from $5 to $10. For information, call (510) 885-3118.
• Get an edge in your job search by attending a free summer workshop series for recent CSUEB graduates and continuing students that focuses on preparing participants for careers after college. Offered by Academic Advising and Career Education (AACE), workshop subjects include Perfect your Resume (July 10), Resources “Out There” (July 12), Interviewing Skills (July 24) and Professional Associations (July 26). Each session runs from 11 a.m. to noon in SSA, room 2300.
• The Cal State East Bay Student Nursing Association will host Advanced Cardiac Life Support Certification from 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. July 27 and 28 in the Oakland/Concord Room on the Hayward Campus. Additional classes will be offered from 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Aug. 31 and Sept. 1 in the Old University Union 311 on the Hayward Campus. For more information, contact Edward Serafino at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Student Center for Academic Achievement (SCAA) is providing weekly, hour-long tutoring appointments for students enrolled in summer classes. Students who would like a guaranteed appointment with a SCAA math or writing tutor must make the request at the SCAA reception desk before July 9. Or call (510) 885-3674 to set up weekly tutoring sessions.
- © Copyright California State University, East Bay.
California State University, East Bay is the San Francisco East Bay Area's high-access public university of choice. CSUEB serves the region with campuses in Hayward and Concord, a professional development center in Oakland, and an innovative online campus. With an enrollment of more than 14,000, the University offers a nationally recognized freshman year experience, award-winning curriculum, personalized instruction, and expert faculty. Students choose from among more than 100 professionally focused fields of study for which the University confers bachelor's and master's degrees, as well as an Ed.D. in education. Named a "Best in the West" college, as well as a Best Business School, by the influential Princeton Review, Cal State East Bay is among the region's foremost producers of teachers, business professionals and entrepreneurs, public administrators, health professionals, literary and performing artists, and science and math graduates.