This Month at CSUEB
- September 4, 2012
A digest of top, need-to-know dates, deadlines and events for faculty, staff and students, "This Month at CSUEB" is a regular feature of The View e-News. Read on for updates and previews of what’s happening at Cal State East Bay in the coming month:
• Welcome new and returning Cal State East Bay students for fall classes, beginning Sept. 26.
• The Annual Open Enrollment period, which runs Sept. 10 through Oct. 5, provides faculty and staff members the opportunity to make changes to their benefit plans. If you do not wish to make changes to your benefits during this Open Enrollment period, no action is required. Visit the human resources site for details.
• Starting Sept. 10, check out CSYou, the new California State University Systemwide Employee Intranet. CSYou is designed to be the single source to access systemwide information, including news, training, policies, Web-based applications and reports. Personalize the site by adding CSUEB news, links, documents or other information relevant to you. After the launch date, visit csyou.calstate.edu to get started.
• The Office of Human Resources invites staff and faculty to attend the Annual Benefits Fair from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Sept. 25 in the University Union, multipurpose room B, on the Hayward campus.
• Ready to play softball but haven’t been contacted yet by a CSUEB coach? Interested, enrolled students are invited to attend an open tryout from 5 to 6 p.m. Sept. 28 at Pioneer Softball Field. Check out the Athletics Web site to find out what paperwork is required to bring with you to the tryout. For additional details, contact Assistant Coach James McShane at (510) 885-3045 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• For a close-up look at how grapes are grown and wine is made at a small, family-owned vineyard, attend the Sept. 28 Wine Camp offered through the Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (OLLI). The program will be held from 9:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Sky Terrace Vineyard in Danville. Visit the OLLI Web site for more information or to register for the program. The fee, including lunch in the vineyard, is $60 for OLLI members; $75 for non-members.
- © Copyright California State University, East Bay.
California State University, East Bay is the San Francisco East Bay Area's high-access public university of choice. CSUEB serves the region with campuses in Hayward and Concord, a professional development center in Oakland, and an innovative online campus. With an enrollment of more than 14,000, the University offers a nationally recognized freshman year experience, award-winning curriculum, personalized instruction, and expert faculty. Students choose from among more than 100 professionally focused fields of study for which the University confers bachelor's and master's degrees, as well as an Ed.D. in education. Named a "Best in the West" college, as well as a Best Business School, by the influential Princeton Review, Cal State East Bay is among the region's foremost producers of teachers, business professionals and entrepreneurs, public administrators, health professionals, literary and performing artists, and science and math graduates.