This Month at CSUEB
- December 5, 2012
A digest of top, need-to-know dates, deadlines and events for faculty, staff and students, "This Month at CSUEB" is a regular feature of The View e-News. Read on for updates and previews of what’s happening at Cal State East Bay in the coming month:
• Join colleagues from 4 to 6 p.m. Dec. 12 in the New University Union multipurpose room for the Faculty and Staff Holiday Reception, an occasion for the University community to join together and share holiday cheer.
• “Ice,” an annual dance extravaganza, will be presented at 8 p.m. Dec. 7, and at 2 and 8 p.m. Dec. 8, in the Dance Studio, located in the Physical Education Building, room 140. Admission is $5.
• In the mood for a complimentary concert? Enjoy the Vocal Repertory Ensemble Recital scheduled for noon Dec. 6 in the Music Building, room 1055. Then come hear the Percussion Ensemble perform at 4 p.m. Dec. 7, in Music Building, room 1039.
• A toy drive benefiting the Bay Area Crisis Nursery, a short-term residential care facility in Concord for families in personal crisis, runs through Dec. 13. Drop-off bins for the drive, sponsored by the Concord Campus and Associated Students Inc., are located in the Academic Services Lobby on the Concord Campus. Read more at Inside CSUEB NewsBlog.
• Bring new and gently used warm socks, coats and blankets to Academic Services, Bookstore and Nursing departments on the Concord Campus through Dec. 13 for the Warm Clothing Drive. Donations will be distributed to One Warm Coat and Anka Behavioral health. Sponsored by East Bay Student Nurse's Association in partnership with the International Rotary.
• Avoid gaining extra pounds over the holidays that add up to 10 to 20 pounds over ten years for the average American. Break the cycle and learn practical, easy weight control tips at a free seminar, “Beat the Holiday Bulge with Healthy Food and Fitness Choices,” with Department of Kinesiology instructors at noon Dec. 18 in KPE 152. Learn how to maintain your waistline, then improve your fitness by registering for the “Get Fit, Stay Fit” program in January.
• On the Hayward campus, help the University Police Department make a difference for those in need by donating new, unwrapped toys for children ages 3 to 16. Place gifts in the drop off box available in the UPD lobby until Dec. 23.
• Help CSUEB “Adopt a Family” as part of two holiday volunteer activities sponsored by the Leadership Employee Enrichment Program (LEEP). Help pass out coats collected for families at 8:30 a.m. Dec. 15 at the Hayward Senior Center in Castro Valley. Lend a hand wrapping gifts from 4 to 8 p.m. Dec. 17 at the Ashland Community Center in San Leandro. For details, contact LEEP at email@example.com or call (510) 885-2918.
• Don’t be bugged by the flu. Flu shots are available to students, staff and faculty for $15 at the Student Health Center on the Hayward campus while supplies last. Call (510) 885-3735 for an appointment in Hayward or (925) 602-6709 for an appointment at the Concord Campus.
- © Copyright California State University, East Bay.
California State University, East Bay is the San Francisco East Bay Area's high-access public university of choice. CSUEB serves the region with campuses in Hayward and Concord, a professional development center in Oakland, and an innovative online campus. With an enrollment of more than 14,000, the University offers a nationally recognized freshman year experience, award-winning curriculum, personalized instruction, and expert faculty. Students choose from among more than 100 professionally focused fields of study for which the University confers bachelor's and master's degrees, as well as an Ed.D. in education. Named a "Best in the West" college, as well as a Best Business School, by the influential Princeton Review, Cal State East Bay is among the region's foremost producers of teachers, business professionals and entrepreneurs, public administrators, health professionals, literary and performing artists, and science and math graduates.