Graduate Admitted Student Checklist
As an admitted student, complete these steps to prepare for your enrollment at Cal State East Bay:
Requirements for All Incoming Graduate Students
- Activate your NetID and set your password. A NetID is your personal Cal State East Bay identification number, which gives you access to online student self-service systems like MyCSUEB and Horizon e-mail.
- Submit required Admission documents to complete your application file. This includes a final official transcript indicating graduation and degree completion. To view your personal list of your required items, visit MyCSUEB.
- Indicate Your Intent to Register. After you are accepted to Cal State East Bay, please let the Office of Admission know of your plans to attend Cal State East Bay as soon as possible so we can hold your place in the entering class.
- Check your Horizon E-mail account often for important messages regarding your academic standing, classes, and fees. As a student, you are responsible to check your Horizon e-mail regularly for official university notices.
- Submit your Immunization Form to Student Health & Counseling Servicess. Complete the immunization form enclosed in your admitted student packet or visit Student Health & Counseling Services to learn more about immunization requirements and exemptions or waiver options.
- Complete the University Writing Skills Requirement by taking the required English courses or passing the Writing Skills Test (WST). Graduate students who did not satisfy the requirement as undergraduates must take the test no later than their first quarter of attendance. Check with your graduate adviser to see if you are required to take the WST.
- Check to see if your Graduate Program department requires you attend an orientation. Individual graduate departments establish standards for their programs and independently advise students on course selection and requirements.
- Obtain a Photo I.D. card. Your Cal State East Bay student Photo I.D. card enables you to use campus facilities and services such as the library, computing labs, and athletics facilities. To obtain your card, visit the Library’s main Circulation Desk at the Hayward Campus, or visit the Academic Service Center lobby at the Concord Campus. Admitted students must have an activated NetID to obtain a Photo I.D. card.
Optional Items for Incoming Graduate Students to Complete
As an admitted student you may want to complete these steps before enrolling in classes:
- Submit a Housing Application if you plan to live on campus. Living on campus is convenient and affordable and there are a variety of meal plan options. Submit your application early to secure a room.
- Apply for Financial Aid if you think you need financial assistance including loans, work study, scholarships and grants. For many families, it is difficult to pay educational costs from current income or savings. If you require financial assistance, the first step is to submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as soon as possible after January 1 of the year you plan to enroll. (International students are not eligible for financial aid.) You must file a FAFSA to determine your eligibility for financial aid.
- Register with the Accessibility Services Office. If you have a disability, schedule an appointment to speak with an Accessibility Services counselor regarding accommodations. Documentation of each disability is required.