Technical Requirements and Support
To participate in online courses effectively, the following applications are recommended:
- Blackboard supports four primary browsers for Learn releases:
- Internet Explorer® 10 from Microsoft (26 October 2012 for Windows 8, 26 February 2013 for Windows 7)
- Internet Explorer 9 from Microsoft (14 March 2011)
Note: Some configuration options for Internet Explorer might make some features of Blackboard Learn difficult to use.
- Safari® 6 from Apple (25 July 2012)
- Firefox® 24 (stable channel) from Mozilla (17 September 2013)
- Chrome™ 30 (stable channel) from Google (3 October 2013)
- A fast and reliable Internet connection, preferable broadband (i.e., DSL or cable modem)
- Additional Java and other browser plugins. Please visit Blackboard support page for more information.
- Updated anti-virus software such as McAfee® Virus Scan®
- Computing and Technology Services for Students: Online Services & Tools
Student technical support for Blackboard, please contact Learning Commons
- Tel: 510.885.4152
- e-mail: email@example.com
For faculty and all other technical support request, please contact ITS Service Desk.