The Office of Research and Sponsored Programs (ORSP) exists to help faculty and staff apply for and secure external funds in support of their creative ideas and professional interests. The office provides guidance, information, and technical assistance to faculty engaged in externally funded research, instruction, community service and other scholarly activity. In accomplishing this mission, ORSP ensures accountability, compliance and stewardship for sponsored programs as directed by the values of our campus and by all applicable Federal, State, and University policies, procedures and regulations.
ORSP is a full service department that is knowledgeable in all phases of pre- and post-award policies and procedures and available to assist during the entire life of the project. Assistance is available from the conceptual development of a project, to identifying potential funding sources, writing and submitting a proposal, developing the budget and identifying any cost share, negotiating an award, implementing and managing an awarded project, monitoring for CSUEB and sponsor compliance, and ending with overseeing all requirements for the official close of a project. ORSP belongs to a network of various university divisions and departments (including the CSUEB Foundation), who work together as a team to deliver exceptional service to any individual or group pursuing external funding.
- The call for proposals and an application template for 2015-16 Faculty Support Grants for individual researchers is now available on the ORSP website. All unit 3 faculty are eligible to apply.
Proposals are due by 4:30pm on Friday, April 3rd. Learn more here.
- ORSP, in partnership with Faculty Development, is hosting a workshop to review the call for proposals for Faculty Support Grants for individual researchers and other grant opportunities on Wednesday, February 4, 2015 from 11:00am-12:00pm in LI2750.
Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 2nd if you plan to attend.
- The next quarterly meeting for Principal Investigators is scheduled for:
Tuesday, February 10, 2015 from 12:00pm-1:30pm in LI2250.
- The Week of Scholarship 2015 will take place April 21-23rd. Please mark your calendars!
- Grant Opportunity (Mathematics Biology) - November 1 - November 15, 2014 (Full Proposal Window)
California – CA.gov site with links to state agencies offering grants.
COS – A comprehensive and highly useful and searchable database with many international and non-governmental sources as well as U.S. agencies.
Grants.gov – A searchable database and automated announcement service for all federal competitive grant programs.
Thomas – Library of Congress site with links to all federal agency sites.