The Office of Research and Sponsored Programs (ORSP) exists to help faculty and staff apply for and secure external funds in support of their creative ideas and professional interests. The office provides guidance, information, and technical assistance to faculty engaged in externally funded research, instruction, community service and other scholarly activity. In accomplishing this mission, ORSP ensures accountability, compliance and stewardship for sponsored programs as directed by the values of our campus and by all applicable Federal, State, and University policies, procedures and regulations.
ORSP is a full service department that is knowledgeable in all phases of pre- and post-award policies and procedures and available to assist during the entire life of the project. Assistance is available from the conceptual development of a project, to identifying potential funding sources, writing and submitting a proposal, developing the budget and identifying any cost share, negotiating an award, implementing and managing an awarded project, monitoring for CSUEB and sponsor compliance, and ending with overseeing all requirements for the official close of a project. ORSP belongs to a network of various university divisions and departments (including the CSUEB Foundation), who work together as a team to deliver exceptional service to any individual or group pursuing external funding.
- Faculty Support Grants: Faculty Support Grant information and due dates for "Collaborative Research" and the "Engagement of Students in Coursework Related Research" is posted. Information for "Mentoring Student Researchers" will be released soon. Click here to view updates.
- Faculty Publications, A Week of Scholarship: A website to showcase publications from faculty participating in the Week of Scholarship is now live on ORSP's website and can be found on our website's menu to the left. Expand "Research at CSUEB" and click "Faculty Publications," which is the third item listed.
- Faculty Support Grants for Collaborative Research - Due Wednesday, September 23, 2015 at 4:30 PM
- Faculty Support Grants for the Engagement of Students in Coursework Related Research - Due Wednesday, September 23, 2015 at 4:30 PM
- Faculty Support Grants for Mentoring Student Researchers - Due: To be announced soon
California – CA.gov site with links to state agencies offering grants.
COS – A comprehensive and highly useful and searchable database with many international and non-governmental sources as well as U.S. agencies.
Grants.gov – A searchable database and automated announcement service for all federal competitive grant programs.
Thomas – Library of Congress site with links to all federal agency sites.
- Dear Colleague Letter - Stimulating Innovation in STEM Education
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for the Science, Technology and Society (STS) Program
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for NSF 14-567, Presidential Awards for Excellence in Science, Mathematics and Engineering Mentoring (PAESMEM)
- Search all National Science Foundation Grants here