The Office of Research and Sponsored Programs (ORSP) exists to help faculty and staff apply for and secure external funds in support of their creative ideas and professional interests. The office provides guidance, information, and technical assistance to faculty engaged in externally funded research, instruction, community service and other scholarly activity. In accomplishing this mission, ORSP ensures accountability, compliance and stewardship for sponsored programs as directed by the values of our campus and by all applicable Federal, State, and University policies, procedures and regulations.
ORSP is a full service department that is knowledgeable in all phases of pre- and post-award policies and procedures and available to assist during the entire life of the project. Assistance is available from the conceptual development of a project, to identifying potential funding sources, writing and submitting a proposal, developing the budget and identifying any cost share, negotiating an award, implementing and managing an awarded project, monitoring for CSUEB and sponsor compliance, and ending with overseeing all requirements for the official close of a project. ORSP belongs to a network of various university divisions and departments (including the CSUEB Foundation), who work together as a team to deliver exceptional service to any individual or group pursuing external funding.
California – CA.gov site with links to state agencies offering grants.
COS – A comprehensive and highly useful and searchable database with many international and non-governmental sources as well as U.S. agencies.
Grants.gov – A searchable database and automated announcement service for all federal competitive grant programs.
Thomas – Library of Congress site with links to all federal agency sites.
- Tuesday, February 11, 2014 (12:00 pm - 1:00 pm) - LI 2250: PI Quarterly Meeting
- Grant Opportunity (Mathematics Biology) - November 1 - November 15, 2014 (Full Proposal Window)
- April 21, 2014 - Arpil 24, 2014 - Week of Scholarship (ALL SESSIONS HELD IN NEW UU MULTIPURPOSE ROOM)
- Tuesday, April, 21, 2014 (4:00 pm) - Provost's Award Ceremony & Faculty Research Poster Sessions
- Wednesday, April 22, 2014 (4:00 pm) - Student Research Presentations and Poster Sessions
- Thursday, April 23, 2014 (4:00 pm) - PEIL Presentations
- Friday, April 24, 2014 (8:30 am) - Nother California Symposium of Assessment of Core Competencies
- Dear Colleague Letter: BRAIN EAGERs to Enable Innovative Neurotechnologies to Reveal the Functional and Emergent Properties of Neural Circuits Underlying Behavior and Cognition
- NSF 14-034 Dear Colleague Letter: Special Guidelines for Submitting Collaborative Proposals under the US NSF/BIO - UK BBSRC Lead Agency Pilot opportunity
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for NSF 14-521, Campus Infrastructure - Innovation and Engineering Program (CC*IIE)