The Office of Research and Sponsored Programs (ORSP) exists to help faculty and staff apply for and secure external funds in support of their creative ideas and professional interests. The office provides guidance, information, and technical assistance to faculty engaged in externally funded research, instruction, community service and other scholarly activity. In accomplishing this mission, ORSP ensures accountability, compliance and stewardship for sponsored programs as directed by the values of our campus and by all applicable Federal, State, and University policies, procedures and regulations.
ORSP is a full service department that is knowledgeable in all phases of pre- and post-award policies and procedures and available to assist during the entire life of the project. Assistance is available from the conceptual development of a project, to identifying potential funding sources, writing and submitting a proposal, developing the budget and identifying any cost share, negotiating an award, implementing and managing an awarded project, monitoring for CSUEB and sponsor compliance, and ending with overseeing all requirements for the official close of a project. ORSP belongs to a network of various university divisions and departments (including the CSUEB Foundation), who work together as a team to deliver exceptional service to any individual or group pursuing external funding.
California – CA.gov site with links to state agencies offering grants.
COS – A comprehensive and highly useful and searchable database with many international and non-governmental sources as well as U.S. agencies.
Grants.gov – A searchable database and automated announcement service for all federal competitive grant programs.
Thomas – Library of Congress site with links to all federal agency sites.
- January 30, 2013 (12:30p - 1:30p) - Statistical Workshop (Location TBD)
- February 5, 2013 (12:00p - 2:00p) - Quarterly PI Meeting & Luncheon (LI 2250)
- February 12, 2013 (12:00p - 2:00p) - Fulbright Scholar Discussion & Luncheon (LI 2250)
- February 14, 2013 (12:00p - 2:00p) - Jaylan Turkkan (SFSU) NIH Grants (LI 2250)
- April 22-26, 2013 (Various Times) - Week of Scholarships/Research (Various Locations)
- Dear Colleague Letter - NSF/EPRI Collaboration "Water for Energy" Solicitaiton on Advanced Dry Cooling for Power Plants
- Frequently Asked Questions for Graduate Research Fellowship Program - GRFP Fellowship Terms and Conditions for NSF GRFP Fellows
- OFR-NSF Partnership in Support of Research Collaboration in Finance Informatics