THE 28th ANNUAL
CALIFORNIA STATE UNIVERSITY
STUDENT RESEARCH COMPETITION
CALIFORNIA STATE UNIVERSITY, EAST BAY
MAY 2nd and 3rd, 2014
CSU East Bay is pleased to host the 28th annual CSU Student Research Competition. The competition is held to promote excellence in undergraduate and graduate scholarly research and creative activity by recognizing outstanding student accomplishments throughout the twenty-three campuses of the California State University.
CSU East Bay Students
CSU East Bay will select 10 individuals/teams of students to compete in the research competition. Students may apply individually, or as a team when they worked on a common research project. The competition is open to both graduate students and undergraduates from all disciplines who are currently enrolled, or graduated in the spring, summer, or fall of 2013. To apply students must submit a written summary of their research project.
- The summary must include the name(s) of the student(s) and the title of the research project.
- Biological and Agricultural Sciences
- The narrative may not exceed five doubled-spaced pages. Use fonts and margins that ensure legibility.
- Appendices (bibliography, graphs, photographs, or other supplementary materials) may not exceed three pages.
- Research that has human or animal subjects involvement must have appropriate institutional review.
In addition to the written summaries, all students applying must fill out the student delegate form. Written summaries and Student Delegate forms must be submitted to the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs (LI 2300) by 4:00 PM on February 28th. The Committee on Research will review the applications and select the CSU East Bay delegation. All applicants will be notified by March 17th.
Now accepting applications for Spring Research Fellowships
Director, Center for Student Research
Phone: (510) 885-3482
Fax: (510) 885-4618
Location: LI 2300
25800 Carlos Bee Blvd.
Hayward, CA 94542
March 14, 2014 – Research Summaries and Payment Forms due for the Research Fellowship Program, LI 2300.
April 4, 2014 – Center for Student Research Workshop on designing a research poster. S Sci 146, 1:00 – 2:00.
April 9, 2014 – Center for Student Research Workshop on giving a research presentation. S Sci 138, 4:00 – 5:00.
- April 11, 2014 – Deadline for registration and submission of poster files for printing for the Student Research Symposium.
- April 22, 2014 – Provost's Award Ceremony & Faculty Research Poster Sessions. New University Union Multipurpose Room, 4:00 pm.
- April 23, 2014 – Student Research Symposium. New University Union Multipurpose Room, 3:00 – 6:00 pm.
- April 24, 2014 – PEIL Presentations. New University Union Multipurpose Room, 4:00 pm.