Sponsored Research & Programs Department
As the official Sponsored Program Administrator (“SPA”) for the campus, the Foundation is responsible for the overall operation of all grants and contracts received by the campus. As such, the Foundation Sponsored Research & Programs Department (“SRPD”) is charged with ensuring the Foundation meet all its responsibilities as SPA. Additionally, SRPD is responsible for assisting Principal Investigators to ensure smooth operations of sponsored research and programs on campus. Below are some of the grant management activities of SRPD:
- Review proposals and contracts submitted by the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs
- Legal execution of all grants and contracts
- Grant account and authorized signor set up at grant inception
- SPA responsibilities such as the administrative liaison to sponsors regarding fiscal and administrative oversight of all SRP, grant compliance, audit management, etc.
- Guidance to Principal Investigators with regard to processes and procedures for procurement of goods and services, sub-contracts, financial reports, travel, reimbursements, etc.
- Preparation of invoices and collection of payments from sponsors
- Fixed asset procurement, management, tracking, and disposition
- Grant award close out
In addition, we work closely with the Foundation Accounting, Human Resources, Payroll, and Risk Management Departments to provide the tools, resources, and information necessary so that Principal Investigators can run successful programs that augment the University and ensure continued funding from our sponsors.
Per Executive Order 890 from the CSU Chancellor’s Office, the Foundation has been designated by CSU East Bay as the Sponsored Program Administrator. The Sponsored Program Administrator is defined as the entity designated to administer all work performed under grants or contracts funded by non-CSU sources.