Second Bachelor’s Degree Admission
At this time, Cal State East Bay does not accept applications from students wishing to pursue a second bachelor’s degree. However, second bachelor’s degree applications are accepted for students interested in pursuing Nursing or the online Business Administration degree completion program administered through Continuing Education.
If you are not admitted to the Nursing B.S. major, then you will have until the next Fall quarter to either gain admission to the Nursing B.S. major or change your major to Health Sciecnes at which time you will be required to change your major using the Change of Major form. We encourage you to seek academic advising services to ensure that you are completing the necessary coursework to make you eligible for the Nursing or Health Sciences major. If you do not meet these terms, then you will not longer be eligible to continue enrollment at Cal State East Bay.
If you are admitted to the Nursing B.S. major, changing your major is not permitted after being admitted into this discipline by the Nursing Department.
If you currently hold a bachelor's degree in Health Sciences, then you must be admitted to the Nursing B.S. major, or you will not be permitted to continue enrollment at Cal State East Bay.
For further questions about this change of major policy, please contact the Office of the Registrar at email@example.com.
Second Bachelor’s Degree Requirements
The following requirements must be met by those seeking a second bachelor's degree. Students are required to:
- Have completed a four-year college course of study and hold an acceptable degree from an institution accredited by a regional accrediting association or have completed equivalent academic preparation as determined by appropriate campus authorities
- Have a grade point average of 2.5 or better in the last 60 semester units (or 90 quarter units) attempted, or a 2.5 GPA on units included in your bachelor’s degree
- Be in good standing at the last college or university attended
How to Apply: Second Bachelor’s Degree Application Instructions
To apply for admission as a second bachelor’s degree-seeking student, complete the following items. Please submit your application and supporting documents by the deadline for the quarter to which you are applying.
- Submit an application for admission online at CSU Mentor and pay the $55 nonrefundable application fee. Be sure to print the application submission confirmation page for your records. Paper applications are also accepted and may be downloaded from CSU Mentor.
- Request official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended to be sent to Cal State East Bay. Official transcripts must be received by the document deadline. Transcripts will be accepted if mailed directly by the college or university or if hand-carried in their original sealed envelope to Cal State East Bay's Enrollment Information Center on the First Floor of the Student Services and Administration (SA) Building on the Hayward Campus, or to the Academic Services Center on the Concord Campus.
Your entire application including course transcripts will be reviewed by an admission evaluator. The evaluator will evaluate your class standing and determine whether you are admissible to the University. You will be notified by mail upon receipt of your application.
Please note that you cannot earn two degrees in the same field. For example, a student is not permitted to have a B.A. degree in Geology and then apply for a B.S. in Geology. Consult the University Catalog for details.
Please submit all required items by the document deadline specified. Official documents, including test scores and transcripts in their original sealed envelope, may be hand-carried to Cal State East Bay's Enrollment Information Center, located on the first floor of the Student Services and Administration (SA) Building on the Hayward Campus, or the Academic Services Center on the Concord Campus. Or they may be mailed to:
Office of Admission
Cal State East Bay
25800 Carlos Bee Blvd.
Hayward, CA 94542
Quarter Start Dates
Cal State East Bay typically accepts applications for all four quarters; however, not all graduate departments accept applications for all four quarters. For current information, visit the graduate department’s website.
You will need to indicate a quarter to begin enrollment on your application for admission. The approximate start dates for each quarter are as follows:
- Fall Quarter: classes begin in mid-September
- Winter Quarter: classes begin in early January
- Spring Quarter: classes begin in late March or early April
- Summer Quarter: classes begin in mid-June
Application Term of Entry Updates
Cal State East Bay's application for admission applies only to the term of entry indicated on the application form at the time of submission. If you would like to update the term of entry on your application, simply log back into your saved application stored in CSU Mentor, update your desired term of entry, confirm your address and previously attended institutions are still current, and submit your new application for admission with your application fee. Cal State East Bay will then notify you upon receipt of your updated application with a letter by postal mail.
Admission Appeals Procedures
If you were denied admission, you may appeal the decision; learn more about Admission Appeals Procedures .