How to Register for Classes
After you have been admitted to the University, complete the steps on your Admitted Student Checklist. Then follow these steps to register for classes:
1. Activate your NetID
2. Indicate Your Intent to Register
Before you register for the first time, go to My CSUEB and indicate your Intent to Register. Within 48 hours you will be able to see your 'Enrollment Appointment Time' inside the MyCSUEB Student Center, indicating when you can enroll in classes. After receiving your enrollment appointment time in MyCSUEB, check for holds and take the appropriate action to remove any holds that may be on your account.
3. Browse the Class Schedule, Check for Holds, and Enroll in Classes
Go to MyCSUEB to review the variety of classes available. After making your class selections, enroll in classes. If you are unable to enroll, you may have a hold on your student account requiring action. Check your "To Do List" in MyCSUEB for more information. Tutorials on how to do this are available on the MyCSUEB Help page.
See Classes for details about how to view available classes in MyCSUEB, receive academic advising, and choose classes for your major or degree.
4. Review Fee Payment Information and Deadlines
Fees are due by the payment deadlines. To avoid cancellation of your enrolled and waitlisted courses, pay your fees by the due date. There are several ways you can pay your enrollment fees:
- Pay in person with cash or check. Visit the Cashier's Office on the First Floor of Warren Hall at the Hayward Campus, or go to the Academic Services Lobby at the Concord Campus.
- Pay by check or credit card (MasterCard, Discover, or American Express) online using the payment link in MyCSUEB.
- Pay in three installments using the Contract for State University Fee Deferment form. This plan is available to all non-financial aid students and for all eligible students who apply. Learn more and print the form by visiting Fee Information or call the Accounting Office at (510) 885-3767 or e-mail email@example.com for details.
If you enroll in classes during the Late Registration period, you will pay an additional $25 late fee. You must pay your fees by the late registration period due date to avoid cancellation of your enrolled and waitlisted courses.
If you have questions about your enrollment, call (510) 885-2784 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions about paying your fees, contact the Accounting Office at (510) 885-3767 or email@example.com
Books and Supplies
Purchase your books and supplies at the Pioneer Bookstore on the Hayward Campus or the Concord Café/Bookstore. To find out which books are required for a course, attend the first day of class and check with your professor. Be sure to get the correct books and editions required for the courses you are taking. You’ll find school supplies, office supplies, calculators, backpacks, MP3 players, lab supplies, University apparel and more at the Bookstores. A selection of snacks, gift cards, gifts, general book selections, magazines, souvenirs and memorabilia are also available.
Order Books Online
You may order your books online from the University bookstores at http://www.csuebshop.com/.
For questions and information, send an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org