Dear Cal State East Bay parent,
As your son or daughter prepares to become a student at our University, we want you to know that we very much consider you to be a member of our community just as much as your student is! The commitment to serving our East Bay parent community and to providing you with helpful and accurate information at every critical point in your son or daughter's career with us (and beyond their graduation, as our alumni stay connected to the University) starts with our President, Dr. Leroy Morishita, and continues into the work of all of us at East Bay.
To make sure your student is getting a good start at East Bay, we have included the following items we would like to make sure are covered:
- Confirm registration. Make sure your son or daughter sends in his or her Statement of Intent to Register This will secure his or her place in the entering class and make it possible to sign up for Orientation, secure housing on campus if needed, and sign up for classes at or after Orientation.
- Explore financial aid options. At Cal State East Bay we take pride in offering a world class education with many of the advantages of small private colleges, along with the resources of a major university -- and at a price that is much more affordable than the University of California, private universities or colleges, and most out of state options. Some families are able to afford our yearly expenses without financial assistance, but most of our students apply for and receive financial aid. If you have not yet applied for financial aid, you can still do so by filing your FAFSA.
- Plan for housing needs. Many local students live with their families during their first year at East Bay, while those from out of the Bay Area choose between on-campus housing or various private off-campus options. We strongly encourage new students, especially freshmen, to live on campus at least their first year to take full advantage of all campus services and activities available to them. If your son or daughter does live on campus, he or she will find wonderful apartment style living, our beautiful Dining Commons overlooking the bay, and other convenient dining options on campus. Students living on campus experience the full array of athletic, cultural, and social opportunities our University offers, which are very accessible as well to those who do not live on campus. To apply for housing, please fill out a Housing application.
- Sign up for Orientation. Orientation is mandatory for freshmen and strongly encouraged for transfer students. Get a great introduction to the campus community, receive academic advising and explore your options, and register for Fall classes.
- Plan to attend campus events. Plan for exciting events on campus this Fall for students, including Al Fresco outdoor festival, Homecoming Game, Parade and activities, and more. Visit the Pioneer Parents web site for services, events and activities.
Again, welcome to the Cal State East Bay community as a parent of a new student! And please let us know any questions that you may have!
Office of Admission
Office of Financial Aid
Student Life and Leadership