Math and Science Teacher (MAST) Program
A program for Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) and Liberal Studies Majors interested in K-12 education.
At this time we are ONLY accepting applications from JUNIORS-Level 1 (graduating by June 2017). The deadline for Juniors to apply is 10/16/2015. We are no longer accepting Seniors-Level 2 applications for the remainder of this school year.
The CSU East Bay Math And Science Teacher (MAST) Program is designed to provide scholars opportunities to explore science and mathematics education at the K-12 levels. This program is open to current STEM and Liberal Studies majors. Scholars will join a community of students interested in STEM education. The scholars will engage in teacher education coursework, field experience directly in the K-12 classrooms, and science and math education workshops at CSUEB and in the greater Bay Area. This program will enable students to obtain 45 hours of classroom experience which is required for entrance into the teaching credential program. Students who successfully complete the MAST Program with at least a 2.67 overall GPA, and successfully meet all Credential Admissions requirements (including testing, documents and interview) will have a space reserved for them in the CSUEB credential program.
Scholarship Opportunities and Requirements
- JUNIORS Level 1: Graduating by June 2017 - $1,000 Scholarship
- JUNIORS Level 1 Requirements: Participate in two quarterly STEM Education workshops
- SENIORS Level 2: Graduating by June 2016 - $3,000 Scholarship
- SENIORS Level 2 Requirements: Participate in three quarterly STEM Education workshops and take the following three teacher education courses: TED 3001(3 units) TED 3007(1 unit) TED 3008(1 unit)
Credential Students: $1,000 Scholarship for MAST Scholars upon successful completion of 1st quarter in CSUEB Credential Program AND completion of the Math Subject Matter Program OR passing the CSETs. Click here for $1,000 Credential Scholarship Application
Teaching Credential Program Entrance
Successful CSUEB STEM and Liberal Studies students who complete the MAST Program with at least a 2.67 overall GPA, and successfully meet all Credential Admissions requirements (including testing, documents and interview) will have a space reserved for them in the CSUEB Credentials program.
- Level 1 - Participate in three quarterly STEM Education workshops
- Level 2 - Participate in three quarterly STEM Education workshops and take the following three teacher education courses:
- TED 3001(3 units)
- TED 3007(1 unit)
- TED 3008(1 unit)
Due Date: October 16, 2015
Return the application form AND required documents to:
Math And Science Teacher (MAST) Program
College of Science, Science North – SC N131
CSU East Bay
25800 Carlos Bee Blvd.
Hayward, CA 94542
FAX (510) 885-2035
Contact Claudia Quezada at email@example.com