Fall Move In - 2013
Residents that have been assigned to the Double Apartments, for the Fall 2013 Quarter may begin check in on:
Saturday, September 21, 2013 - 10am – 4pm
If you are unable to check in during the above window, then you can also check in
Sunday, September 22, 2013 - 10am – 4pm
On Saturday, 9/21 the check-in process takes place in one central location in Pioneer Heights. This location is located on the Lot C parking drive up. As residents drive in, they will be greeted by a staff member who will provide additional information. Once parked, residents can get in line for the check in process. Residents should plan on bringing a form of ID for verification. No one other than the assigned resident will be able to check in. There will be ample signs to direct residents accordingly.
Upon check in, a staff member will show the resident to their room where the resident will have an opportunity to review their living accommodations and make not of any damage on their Room Inventory Sheet (RIS). You will be given a CSUEB Housing Bay Card, your mailbox number and combination, your RIS, and other important information. Once check-in is complete, you will be directed to the Unloading Zone and will be free to move into your room at your leisure.
- Step 1- Drive to Parking Lot C
- Step 2 – Get greeted by a staff member for further instructions
- Step 3 – Resident can exit car (if there is another driver) to get in line to check in. The driver can park the car in Lot C
- Step 4 - Make your way to the Check-In table at the central location
- Step 5 - After completing Check-In paperwork, a staff member will escort you to your room
- Step 6 - You will be directed to the 20 minute Unloading Zone.
- Step 7 - After unloading your vehicle, please park in Lot C until departing campus
Note: If you already have a CSUEB Housing Bay Card please bring it with you to present at Check In. This card will begin to work for your apartment. If you do not have a card, you will receive one at check in.
MAKE SURE TO ASK A STAFF MEMBER OR VOLUNTEER ABOUT THE VENDOR FAIR DURING MOVIN-IN!
Your final opportunity to check-in will be Monday, September 23, 2013. Residents who plan to move in outside the main move in days listed above must go directly to their building/area desk to check in. Check In times will occur from 8pm-10pm. NO CHECK INS WILL OCCUR OUTSIDE OF THIS TIME PERIOD. If you arrive at the desk during this time and a staff member is not present, please contact the Resident Assistant (RA) on duty at the corresponding number below:
- Calaveras & Coloma-510-258-8255
- Shasta, Diablo, Tamalpais- 510-258-8332
- Sierra, Sonora, Mariposa- 510-331-6172
One of our Resident Assistants will meet you to assist you with the check-in process. You must complete the check-in process by Monday, September 23rd by 10pm. If you are unable to check in by the deadline, please contact the Housing Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (510) 885-7444.
From Mission Blvd, the best route to get to Pioneer Heights is by taking Harder Rd. Just past Greek Hill, take the first right (the road veers right just before the Dining Commons.) This takes you to the parking lot near the residence halls (Lot C).
Look for staff and signage directing you to Check-In and noting the traffic flow. Our staff will be directing traffic and monitoring the Unloading Zones and No Parking Zones. As a courtesy to everyone unloading, these parking guidelines will be strictly enforced.
After unloading, please move your vehicle to one of the non-restricted parking areas in Lot C so that other residents can unload their cars. Please understand that due to the number of vehicles on campus during this time, you may not be able to park in the parking lot closest to your building. For this reason, we have requested students and families to follow the published move-in schedule.
Parking is permitted only in designated spaces. Designated spaces are those with lines on both sides. Parking in unmarked spaces creates safety hazards and can impede people or vehicles from getting to their location. Vehicles parked in unmarked spaces or in areas designated for the disabled are subject to citation.
No parking permit is needed during the scheduled move-in times. If you plan to park on campus past 4 PM, please purchase a parking pass at one of the campus dispensers. For more information about parking on campus, please refer to their website. http://www20.csueastbay.edu/af/departments/parking/
Double Apartment Furnishings
Your suite and room includes the following:
- Living room furniture (sofa, armchairs, coffee table, end tables, lamps)
- Comcast/Xfinity DVR cable box (Living Room only); each bedroom has a cable connection too
- Dining table/4 chairs
- Refrigerator and range
- Trash can & recycle bin
- Bedroom furniture (extra-long twin bed, desk, chair, mobile file, closet, dresser)
All furniture and amenities must remain in assigned room and may not be removed.
So, What Should I Bring?
The following are some of the things you may consider bringing with you. As a reminder, pets pets are not allowed in Pioneer Heights (see License Agreement for few exceptions).
- Extra-long twin sheets
- Pillows & Blankets
- Bath mat
- Personal toiletries
- Pots, pans and other cooking utensils
- Dishes, utensils, glasses, etc...
- Alarm clock
- Computer, printer, Internet patch cord, etc.
- Lockable chest or footlocker
- Television, DVD player, etc.
- Surge protector extension cords (UL approved)
What Should Stay At Home?
While it is tempting to bring everything from home, there are some things, including the kitchen sink, that are not allowed in the Pioneer Heights Facility:
- Any item with an open flame or exposed hot surface
- Weapons or explosives of any kind, including replicas
- Candles, Incense, Oil Lamps, etc...
- Pets, only fish in a less than 10 gallon tank are allowed in the Residence Halls
Getting Connected (ResNet)
Please see the ResNet Section for information on connecting to the Resident Network.
It is highly recommended that you have renter’s insurance for your personal property. The University has no insurance to cover damage or loss of your personal belongings. Sometimes this will be covered under a parent’s homeowner/rental policy, but you will want to check with your insurance agent about the details.
Still Have Questions?
Just call us at (510) 885-7444 or email us at email@example.com