Moving Into Housing
Double/Triple and Single Apartment Furnishings
Your suite and room includes the following:
- Living room furniture (sofa, armchairs, coffee table, end tables, lamps)
- Comcast/Xfinity DVR cable box (Living Room only); each bedroom has a cable connection too
- Dining table/4 chairs
- Refrigerator and range
- Trash can & recycle bin
- Bedroom furniture (extra-long twin bed, desk, chair, mobile file, closet, dresser)
All furniture and amenities must remain in assigned room and may not be removed.
So, What Should I Bring?
The following are some of the things you may consider bringing with you. As a reminder, pets with few exceptions, pets are not available in Pioneer Heights.
- Extra-long twin sheets
- Pillows & Blankets
- Bath mat
- Personal toiletries
- Pots, pans and other cooking utensils
- Dishes, utensils, glasses, etc...
- Alarm clock
- Computer, printer, Internet patch cord, etc.
- Lockable chest or footlocker
- Television, DVD player, etc.
- Surge protector extension cords (UL approved)
What Should Stay At Home?
While it is tempting to bring everything from home, there are some things, including the kitchen sink, that are not allowed in the Pioneer Heights Facility:
- Hot Plates, Griddles, or any item with an open flame or exposed hot surface
- Weapons or explosives of any kind, including replicas
- Candles, Incense, Oil Lamps, etc...
- Pets, only fish in a less than 10 gallon tank are allowed in the Residence Halls
Getting Connected (ResNet)
Please see the ResNet Section for information on connecting to the Resident Network.
It is highly recommended that you have renter’s insurance for your personal property. The University has no insurance to cover damage or loss of your personal belongings. Sometimes this will be covered under a parent’s homeowner policy, but you will want to check with your insurance agent about the details.
Still Have Questions?
Just call us at (510) 885-7444 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org