Off Campus Housing
Hello Students and Family
Identifying Off-Campus Housing in the East Bay can be challenging and we want to ensure that you have a few resources to help you through the process.. Please give yourself ample time—about two to three months to search for Off-Campus Housing. This guide will assist you in your transition off campus and help you understand your rights and responsibilities in the greater community. Browse this great resource to start your search and learn about other off-campus housing information! Remember, you have to be motivated and actively looking when finding Off Campus Housing.
Steps when renting off campus:
- Identify if you are looking for a short term rental or long term as pricing can be very different. If looking for shorter term housing you may need to adjust either your price point or the amenities offered.
- Read and understand the contract/lease that you are signing.
- If choosing to live with someone else ensure that expectations and agreements are made prior to moving in. Use the link below to help in formulating roommate questions when choosing a roommate. Click Here(Link to PDF “Roommate Interview Questions”)
- Check the local crime statistics around your ideal rental.
- It is your home and you should feel comfortable.
Off Campus Rental Resources:
Looking for an apartment?
- Nearby Apartments
- Zumper: This is a search engine that can be used to look for local bedrooms/apartment/homes for rent.
- Zillow: This is a search engine that can be used to look for local apartment/homes for rent.
- Hotpads: This is a search engine for both furnished and unfurnished apartments.
Looking for a roommate?
- Easy Roommate: They provide a service to match potential tenants/roommates with available rooms in apartments.
Looking for short term Housing?
- AirBnB: Gives you the flexibility for short and long term rentals.
- Extended Stay(Union City, CA) Distance to campus:
Public Transportation – 1 hours 30 minutes and Driving – 13 minutes
- Homewood Suites(New ark, CA) – Distance to campus:
Public Transportation – 1 hours 25 minutes and Driving – 22 minutes
- Residence Inn and Suite(Pleasanton, CA) – Distance to campus:
Public Transportation – 1 hours 25 minutes and Driving – 19 minutes
DISCLAIMER: CALIFORNIA STATE UNIVERSITY, EAST BAY PROVIDES INFORMATION REGARDING HOUSING IN THE EAST BAY AREA FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE ONLY. THE UNIVERSITY MAKES NO REPRESENTATION AS TO THE CONDITION OR SUITABILITY OF ANY OF THE LISTED RESOURCES OR ESTABLISHMENTS, NOR DOES IT ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR THEIR CONDITION OR RELIABILITY, OR FOR ANY AGREEMENTS YOU ENTER INTO WITH THEM. THIS WEBSITE IS NOT INTENDED TO PROVIDE LEGAL ADVICE, AND IT SHOULD NOT BE USED AS SUCH.
If you have specific questions about off campus housing please contact email@example.com