Are you looking for

Counseling Services

Counseling services are most helpful in dealing with life issues which impact your ability to function effectively in your studies and your personal life. Counselors at our center are Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists, Licensed Clinical Social Workers, Licensed Clinical Psychologists, or post-master’s Registered Marriage and Family Therapist interns under the supervision of licensed staff.

(Note: FOR ACADEMIC ADVISING, please contact the Academic Advising and Career Education (AACE) department at 510-885-3621, or visit their webpage.)


Psychiatry Services

Psychiatry services are on a referral basis only. You must be referred by a physician, nurse practitioner or counselor who works in the Student Health and Counseling Service in order to make an appointment to see the psychiatrist. 

Psychiatry is for students who are seeking an evaluation for medication for mental health issues such as depression, anxiety, and social phobia, and others. Psychiatrists at SHCS are medical doctors who specialize in assessing and treating mental health.

Our psychiatrists do not provide assessment or diagnosis of Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADD/ADHD) at this time. Please refer to ADD/ADHD Resources in your area.

Last reviewed: 02/13/15

  • Print This Page
  • Bookmark and Share