The purpose of the posting policy is to articulate the University's guidelines on the posting of signs on campus. Signs shall include:
This policy recognizes that signs serve as a means for communicating information to the campus community in a timely and orderly manner. Signs not meeting the educational goals and mission of the University, containing false, misleading or fraudulent information or discriminating or offensive language are strictly prohibited.
Title 5, California Administrative Code, Subchapter 5, Article 9, Sections 42350-42353 specifies certain restrictions on the posting and distribution of printed materials on campuses of the California State University. Campus Presidents and/or designees are granted authority for implementing and for issuing directives pertaining to such regulations.
Administration of Policy
The office of Student Development Services has the responsibility for administering the CSUEB Posting Policy, in consultation with the Vice President for Student Affairs, Student Life Programs office, offices of Facilities Management, Department of Public Safety and Facilities Planning and Operations.
Approved Locations for Posting
General bulletin boards are identified with a green sign, "Posting Guidelines for General Bulletin Boards", which state some of the important aspects of this policy. Students, recognized student organizations, faculty and staff of the University, and non-university individuals may post signs on General bulletin boards.
Departmental bulletin boards are identified, controlled and maintained by specific University departments, and only material approved by that Department is allowed to be posted. University bulletin boards are for posting of official University documents and announcements. Other posted material is subject to removal.
- For pre-approval of posting materials, please visit Student Development Services (SDS), Warren Hall, 483. For approval on the Concord Campus, please visit the Academic Services Lobby or call (925) 602-6717.
- All signs must be identified with the name of the person or organization responsible for the posted information, along with contact information (phone number, web or email address, etc.)
- Postings may not exceed 17 inches by 22 inches in size.
- Posting of signs on building walls, windows, doors, benches, utility poles, sculptures, garbage receptacles, railings, trees, traffic control signs, stairs, bus stop areas, and sidewalks is strictly prohibited.
- Duplicate signs on the same bulletin board will be removed.
- Signs written in a language other than English must contain an English translation.
- Placement of written/printed materials on vehicle windshields is strictly prohibited. Violators are subject to all charges incurred for the cleanup of such littered materials on campus grounds.
- Removal of signs by anyone other than the posting party or University personnel acting pursuant to their duties is prohibited.
- Posting of political campaign materials endorsing or opposing candidates and/or initiatives must be approved by SDS prior to posting.
- Students, staff, faculty, organizations off campus individuals may be charged for costs incurred from improper posting.
- Approval for posting banners is granted by the Student Life Programs office, Student Services Hub, Room 1351, (510) 885-3657. For approval on the Concord Campus, please visit the Academic Services Lobby or call (925) 602-6717.
Student Development Services and its designees shall monitor campus General Bulletin Boards for compliance to the established posting guidelines. Signs not in compliance with these guidelines will be removed.
All materials are removed from General Bulletin Boards during each academic quarter break.
Questions about the Posting Policy should be directed to Student Development Services, Warren Hall 483, (510) 885-3763. For questions on the Contra Costa Campus, please visit Student Affairs, Academic Services (AS) Building, 102, (925) 602-6713.