Welcome to The Bay!
Sneak Peek at the Program
ONE DAY PROGRAM (July 12, July 26)
- Check-In begins at 7:30 a.m. Friday morning in front of RAW Plaza (Recreation and Wellness Center)
- Campus Tour
- Bay Card Photo ID
- Program Overview of GE Cluster
- Academic GE Advising
- Campus Technology Tutorial
- Pioneer Pete Gameshow about Campus Resource
- Family BBQ & Campus Resource Fair
- Student Success Workshops
- Academic Guidance from O-Team Peer Leaders and Faculty
- Pioneer Bookstore Showcase
TWO DAY PROGRAM ( June 27 - 28, August 1 - 2, August 8 - 9)
(2 days - 1 night)
Includes everything in the One Day Program & MORE
- Check-In begins at 7:00 a.m. Thursday morning at Lassen Hall Quad
- Peer Mentoring & Networking
- "Your Journey" Workshops on CSUEB Resource:
- Study Abroad
- Leadership opportunities
- Pioneer Athletics
- Career Development
- Interactive Workshops on Diversity Topics
- VIP event at the RAW (Recreation & Wellness Center)
- Taste of Residential Living in Pioneer Heights
- ASI Diversity Center Presents (Special Guests Performances)
Note: Orientation for both programs ends at approximately 5:00pm on Friday.
Parking is available in all general lots. A parking permit will be attached to the confirmation email that will be sent to your Horizon email account. Students can check-in as early as 7:30 a.m. In front of the Recreation and Wellness Center.
Sorry! Freshman Orientation is only for admitted first-time Freshman at Cal State East Bay. We pride ourselves in having a safe and secure campus and therefore, no guests are allowed during Orientation. Parents and family members should register for Family Orientation.
Cal State East Bay prohibits the possession, use, or trafficking of drugs or alcohol on campus; this includes your stay at Pioneer Heights. The University Police Department will handle all violations of this rule. Consequences could include, but are not limited to: having your parents called to pick you up, de-enrolled from the University, or arrested. Come to Orientation with a positive outlook and ready to have fun and we’ll show you how to have a good time without breaking the rules.
What to Bring
We suggest you bring the following to Orientation:
- A photo ID
- All correspondence you have received from any CSUEB Office (e.g. Admissions, Financial Aid, Testing, etc.)