Orientation is not just for students, but also is an important time for families! We have designed a special program to address the questions and concerns family members (parents, guardians, brothers, sisters, grandparents, blended family, etc.) may have as you prepare to join the Cal State East Bay community. Family members play a key role in helping students succeed in college. The Family Orientation Program provides information to help family members support their student during the first year.
- Dates of Family/Parent Orientation
- Program Details
- Things People Have Said
- Visiting the Hayward Area
FALL 2015 PARENT-FAMILY ORIENTATION - Dates Coming Soon
FALL 2014 PARENT-FAMILY ORIENTATION - HAYWARD CAMPUS:
$35 for first guest, $15 for 2nd guest and on.
- Session 1: Friday, June 27 (Closed)
- Session 2: Friday, July 11 (Closed)
- Session 3: Friday, July 18 (Closed)
- Session 4: Friday, July 25 (Closed)
- Session 5: Friday, July 25 -Ven conoce nuestra universidad – Un vistazo a nuestro programa de orientación en Español para familiares y amistades (Closed)
- Session 6: Friday, August 1 (Closed)
*All programs will be hosted in English; Spanish translation available at certain workshops.
Program Schedule at a Glance:
The Family Program begins with check-in at 8:00 AM at the New University Union (Multipurpose Room) and ends at approximately 4:00 P.M. The sessions for the Family Program are separate from the student sessions.
- Campus Tours
- Academics at CSUEB
- Family Educational Right to Privacy Act (FERPA) & Judicial Affairs
- Health, Wellness & Safety at CSUEB
- Parent Panel
- Lunch - Family BBQ
- Campus Resource Fair
- Student Fees and Financial Aid Overview. Click here to view a short Financial Aid video.
- "Bay Card" Presentation
- Housing and Residence Life Presentation
- Bookstore Presentation
- Housing Tours
If you have questions regarding the Family Orientation Program, call Student Life and Leadership Programs at (510) 885-3872 or e-mail email@example.comBack to page navigation
Things People Have Said
Those who have attended past Family Orientation Programs have said it best:
"A very informative as well as enjoyable experience."
"Your student orientation team was excellent. It really gives a good example of the high quality education the students can expect."
"I feel a lot more informed and confident!"
Visiting the Hayward Area
- Hayward Area Dining Information
- Hayward Area Lodging Information
- Hayward Area Map
- Hayward Campus Map
- Hayward Area Weather Information