For more details, Click here
To download the Transfer Orientation Agenda(September 16), Click here
To download the Morning Workshop Schedule(September 16), Click here
Welcome to California State University, East Bay! Congratulations on your admission and on choosing our premier University - "where all your possibilities come into view!" Don't miss this opportunity to learn important information that will help you become a successful CSUEB student!
- Why Orientation
- Registration & Dates
- Agenda Preview
- Program Highlights
- What to Bring
- How do I pay?
- Parking Information
- Important Information for New Transfer Students
Transfer Orientation is an important activity that will help you transition into our University. During orientation, you will receive advising information, course registration instructions, Financial Aid updates, campus tours, resource information, and more! If you have not already reserved your space, remember to register on your MyCSUEB at my.csueastbay.edu
As a transfer student, many aspects of the college environment are already familiar to you. However, Cal State East Bay is a new institution with new expectations and procedures, new academic requirements, and exciting new challenges. Your attendance will be a valuable investment in your future college career!
We welcome the Disabled Community. If you need accommodations such as sign language interpreter, materials in an alternative format, etc., please inform us at least two weeks prior to your Orientation Session, if possible.
Incoming Summer 2015 Term
- Online Orientation on Blackboard(Open April/May/June)
- Online Orientation on Blackboard(Open June,July,August,September)
- Tuesday, June 23:College of Letters, Arts, and Social Sciences Transfer Orientation(Registration Closed)
- Thursday, June 25:College of Business and Economics/College of Education and Allied Studies Transfer Orientation(Registration Closed)
- Wednesday, July 1:College of Science Transfer Orientation(Registration Closed)
- Wednesday, September 16: All Colleges
To find more information on small group advising, you may contact AACE (Academic Advising and Career Education). You can also contact your specific major department for major advising.
Registration for all Transfer Orientations will be available on MyCSUEB
*Transfer students may participate in either the on-ground Orientation OR the online program.
Agenda Preview (On Ground Orientation)Program will start at noon and end approximately at 4:00 p.m.
- Campus Resource
- Campus Tours
- Major Advising and College Information Session
- Understanding Academics @ CSUEB (General academic advising and admissions assistance)
- Navigating CSUEB Blackboard
- Writing Skills Test
- Financial Aid Advising. Click here to view a short Financial Aid video.
- Individual guidance in regards to Admissions
- Advising Information - Learn graduation requirements and what classes you need to take to earn your degree. Meet with advisors and faculty members regarding your academic major of choice.
- Campus Resource Information - Learn about valuable resources and support services available to you while attending CSUEB.
- Financial Aid Information - Confirm you know the requirements for financial aid.
- Campus Tour - Participate in a guided tour of campus.
What to Bring
We suggest you bring the following to Orientation:
- A photo ID
- All correspondence you have received from any CSUEB Office (e.g. Admissions, Financial Aid, Testing, etc.)
- Transfer Orientation costs $35.00 for students and $15.00 for each guest. Orientation fees are not refundable once you have registered for the program. You cannot apply paid fees to a different type of Orientation ("online" versus "on-campus") or to a different term. Fee includes lunch and orientation materials.
- Once registered, remember to check your MyCSUEB account to pay the non-refundable Transfer Orientation fee of $35.00. Fees are due by date of program. Guest fee can be paid via check on day of program.
How do I pay?
Click here to learn how to make an online payment.
Parking permits will be sent to you upon confirmation of your reservation (approximately one week before event)
Important Information for New Transfer Students
We look forward to welcoming you to "The Bay!"It is a good idea to become familiar with your CSUEB catalog prior to starting school.
You can get started by viewing this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?