Probation and Disqualification

Academic Probation

Academic probation alerts you that your academic performance is below the state minimum required for graduation, and that you must improve your academic performance before a degree can be granted. For more information and the complete policy, see the University Catalog.

Improving your Academic Standing

There are various services to assist you in improving your academic standing. If you are an EXCEL or Educational Opportunity Program (EOP) student, you must contact your program counselor. All other undergraduate students should contact the University Advisement Center at (510) 885-3621 and make an appointment to meet with an academic advisor.


Students may be academically or administratively disqualified for not meeting university standards. Academic disqualification means you have failed to meet certain University standards regarding your academic progress and standing. Administrative disqualification means you do not meet other university guidelines for which you may be disqualified. Learn more about the complete policy guidelines in the University Catalog.

If you have been disqualified, see your academic advisor for assistance.

  • Print This Page
  • Bookmark and Share