University Photo Library
The Office of University Communications maintains an extensive library of professional-quality photographs of California State University, East Bay (CSUEB) for use by employees creating official publications, marketing, promotional, and editorial content.
A CSUEB NetID as well as an account within the University’s Cascade Server content management system (CMS) are required to access the library and download its high-resolution images. Employees with an existing CMS account have automatic access to the library. Employees who do not have a CMS account must submit an ITS Help Desk service request. Non-employees may request guest access by contacting The Office of University Communications.
To access and use the library with a CSUEB NetID and CMS account, download and follow the User Guide to Cal State East Bay’s CMS Photo Library (PDF).
Terms, Conditions of Use, and Permissions
By logging on to CSUEB’s CMS and accessing the photo library, you agree to the following terms and conditions of use:
- Library photo images are the property of the Trustees of the California State University.
- Downloaded images may not be sold, licensed, or given to outside parties for non-CSUEB uses.
- Photo usages must by accompanied by the following credit: “CSUEB Office of University Communications Photo.”
- All proposed usages must be submitted to and reviewed and approved by the Office of University Communications in advance by contacting University Communications’ Art Director, Jesse Cantley, at 510.885.2189 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Images may be used for the following (both in print and electronic form)
- Advertising produced by the Office of University Communications
- CSUEB news articles and stories issued by the Office of University Communications
- CSUEB Web site portals and pages
- Official University Alumni and Friends publications and communications
- Official University event programs, invitations, and event promotion and publicity
- Official CSUEB reports and other publications
- Publications and communications promoting CSUEB enrollment, academic, arts, athletics, and other programs
- University development, fundraising, and stewardship publications
Images may NOT be used by or for the following (both in print and electronic form)
- News publications and services other than those approved or create by the Office of University Communications
- Paid advertising produced by anyone other than the Office of University Communications
- Production of items for retail sales such as coffee mugs, t-shirts, calendars, posters, mouse pads etc.
- Promotion of any business, service, or educational institution or offering other than CSUEB
- Promotion of any event not officially sponsored by CSUEB, including events hosted on a CSUEB campus or at a CSUEB location
- Textbooks, reports, or other publications not produced by the Office of University Communications
- Student class assignments and projects
Exceptions to these usage requirements may be granted but require express, advance permission from the Office of University Communications. Violations of these terms, conditions, and requirements will result in revocation of access privileges.