Department of Earth & Environmental Sciences
The Department of Earth and Environmental Sciences at the California State University, East Bay is the home of the Geology and Environmental Science programs. Located on the tectonically active Hayward fault, we offer a variety of opportunities for students to obtain experience in lab- and field-based studies. We are a small department that prides itself on a feeling of community. Small class sizes guarantee close interaction between students and faculty, with personal attention at all levels.
We learn geology the morning after the earthquake - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Earth and Environmental Sciences
North Science 329
College of Science
Phone: (510) 885-3486
Fax: (510) 885-2526
Office Hours: 9–5, M–F
- East Bay Singers, conducted by Buddy James, to perform March 8 at Old Mission San Jose
- C.E. Smith Museum opens newest exhibit: 'The Woman with 1,000 Faces'
- Trumpeters McFadden, Olmos to perform with CSUEB Jazz Orchestra at Yoshi's March 10
- CSUEB's Brianna Terrance voted CCAA Women's Basketball Player of Week
- CSUEB's Hayward Campus to host Education Summit 2014 on March 8