Health, the second largest industry in our country, employs over 8.0 million workers. Physicians represent only 7% of this work force. There are over 200 other professions in the health field. Job opportunities and degree of competition for admission to clinical training vary considerably among geographic areas, states, and the individual professions. Careful planning for a primary profession and one or more alternate careers is a must. The B.S. degree with a major in Health Sciences offers a program with large blocks of elective courses tailored to meet career needs. Students should contact the department for a personal planning appointment.
Department of Nursing and Health Sciences
Dept. Office: North Science Building, Room 143
Phone: (510) 885-3481
Fax: (510) 885-2156
Office Hours: 8–5, M–F
- CSUEB Students Give Back to the Community This Holiday Season
- CSUEB Theatre and Dance Presents ICE/ICE-X Dec. 4-5
- Tori Breshers Named CCAA Women's Basketball Player of the Week
- Cal State East Bay’s Theatre & Dance Department to perform "Our Town"
- CSUEB Men's Soccer Boasts Team-Record Three All-CCAA Honorees