INFORMATION FOR FALL ADMISSION
SELECTION PROCESS REVISED BEGINNING FALL 2014 - SEE DETAILS BELOW.
Current ADN Students from Ohlone, Los Medanos, Chabot, Merritt or Contra Costa College:
If you are still enrolled in an ADN (Associate Degree in Nursing) program at one of the above campuses, you may be eligible for the CSUEB ADN-BSN Collaborative Program. ADN students from the above colleges can directly transition to CSUEB by following approved curriculum. See road maps below for course sequences and timelines. PLEASE NOTE, ROADMAPS WILL BE REVISED SPRING 2014.
Apply during the Fall term of the last year of your ADN program, before you graduate, for admission into CSUEB for the following Fall term. We do NOT have Spring term admission.
Read our BROCHURE about program requirements.
Satisfy all of the following. Meeting minimum requirements does not guarantee admission.
- Have a valid California RN License by time of entry into program.
- Be a recent graduate of an ADN Program from one of the following community colleges: Chabot, Contra Costa, Los Medanos, Merritt, Ohlone. **you will be in the last year of your ADN program at time of application.
- Send official transcripts by DECEMBER 15 and FEBRUARY 14 directly to CSUEB Admissions. The Nursing Department does NOT require separate transcripts.
- Complete all Nursing prerequisites by end of SPRING term after you apply.
- Meet all University Admission requirements by deadline.
DUE TO RESTRICTED CLINICAL SPACE IN OUR COMMUNITY HEALTH COURSE, ADMISSION IS LIMITED BEGINNING FALL 2014.
ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS MAY BE IN EFFECT FALL 2015 AND BEYOND.
Procedures for the current applicant pool being evaluated for Fall 2014 admission:
- After applications are reviewed, ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS will be randomized into one list.
- BASED ON SPACE AVAILABLE, STUDENTS FROM THE TOP PORTION OF THE RANDOMIZED LIST will be offered admission to the program.
- CANDIDATES NOT OFFERED ADMISSION will stay in the same random order and be placed on a WAITLIST.
- IF ANY CANDIDATE OFFERED ADMISSION DECLINES before September 23, 2014, the next student on the waitlist will be contacted and offered admission. This process continues, following the exact order of the waitlist, until all available spots are filled.
Submit two applications: DUE NOVEMBER 30
CSUEB application – submit a CSUMentor application for the next available FALL term. See the Prospective Students tab on the home page of the CSUEB website for more information.
The CSUEB Clinical Nursing Program supplemental application is only available between October 1 and November 30.
Make sure to accurately note your ADN school and expected date of graduation on the nursing application.
Nursing Applications OPEN October 1 at NOON and CLOSE November 30 at NOON.
Once the application is available, please click nursing application link (below) to fill out and submit between October 1 and November 30.
NURSING APPLICATION NO LONGER AVAILABLE
Once the application is available, and you correctly submit it by the deadline, you can click the nursing application link (below) to edit it until February 14.
NURSING APPLICATION NO LONGER AVAILABLE
ADN-BSN Collaborative Roadmaps:
**Roadmaps will be reviewed/revised Spring 2014.
Other information related to the Application Process:
- Human Anatomy/Physiology I (BIOL 2010, 5 units)
- Human Anatomy/Physiology II (BIOL 2020, 5 units)
- Introduction to Microbiology (BIOL 2025, 5 units)
- Inorganic Chemistry (CHEM 1601, 4 units) OR
Organic Biochemistry (CHEM 1602, 4 units) OR
INTEGRATED Chemistry Class
- Written Communication (ENGL 1001, 4 units), GE Area A2
- Oral Communication (COMM 1004 or 1000, 4 units), GE Area A1
- Statistics (STAT 1000, 5 units), GE Area B4
- Critical Thinking (4 units), GE Area A3
All prerequisite courses must be complete by the end of the SPRING term after you apply.
All prerequisite courses taken at campuses other than CSUEB must be approved as equivalent prior to submitting your Supplemental Application. A Course Equivalency Chart is available so you can compare courses. Candidates can also check on www.assist.org for course equivalencies to other California public colleges. Contact the Department (510-885-3481) for information on equivalency evaluation of courses from foreign universities, out-of-state campuses, or California universities not listed on the Equivalency Chart.
* PLEASE NOTE:
If you complete a combined "Anatomy & Physiology I" course, you must take PART II from the same campus. If you take a single-topic "Anatomy" course at any campus, you may take a single-topic "Physiology" course from any other campus.
The critical thinking prerequisite can only be satisfied by a specific logic-based class, with reference to inductive/deductive reasoning and/or evaluation of fallacies.
A higher level math course, such as Calculus or Trigonometry, CANNOT substitute for the statistics prerequisite.
One non-science prerequisite may be taken credit/no credit. Our office accepts an AP score of 3 or higher as a substitute for either the English or Statistics prerequisite; this AP score will count as credit/no credit on the nursing application. Send an official score report to CSUEB admissions as proof.
Beginning 2014, the Leadership course will be available only to students accepted into the CSUEB Nursing Program. Cross Registration for course participation in the Spring term prior to admission is no longer available.
Submit official transcripts to the University Admissions Office to show in-progress classes and completion of nursing prerequisites by all 3 of these dates:
- December 15
- February 14
- July 1
Send CSUEB Admissions official transcripts DECEMBER 15 AND FEBRUARY 14 - STRICT DEADLINE. February transcripts must show completion of any Nursing prerequisites that were in progress during the FALL term in which you applied.
Send ANOTHER set of official transcripts by JULY 1 - STRICT DEADLINE - to show completion of any Nursing prerequisites that were in progress during the Spring term after you applied.
**MISSING TRANSCRIPT DEADLINES CAN RESULT IN AN INCOMPLETE APPLICATION AND AUTOMATIC DENIAL.
OTHER REQUIRED DOCUMENTS
Submit to Nursing Department proof of RN license by September 1 (after application is submitted) via fax, in person or mail only (NOT via email)
Submit your SIR (Statement of Intent to Register) for CSUEB (part of university admission packet) by CSUEB deadline, even if not yet notified of your admission status from Nursing.
The TEAS exam is NOT required for this program.
Students in this program are notified by the late February/early March via email and regular mail.