Department of Physics
Physics is crucial to understanding the world around us, the world inside us, and the world beyond us. It is the most basic and fundamental science. Physics challenges our imaginations with concepts like relativity and string theory, and it leads to great discoveries, like computers and lasers, that change our lives. The physics department at CSUEB offers a comprehensive curriculum with a hands-on philosophy to learning that includes seven laboratory courses and a strong emphasis on undergradate research. The program prepares students for careers in basic research, science education, engineering and is an excellent foundation for professional school in medicine and patent law.
The Department of Physics
North Science 231
College of Science
Phone: (510) 885-3401
Fax: (510) 885-4803
Office Hours: 9–5, M–F
- Voters support changes to Prop 13, according to Cal State East Bay faculty research
- STEM Career Awareness hosted by CSUEB, Bayer for East Bay high school students
- Noted movie production designer, CSUEB alumnus returning to campus April 24-26
- C.E. Smith Museum opens newest exhibit: 'The Woman with 1,000 Faces'
- CSUEB to launch new women’s studies online degree completion program this fall