For First-Generation, African American, Latino, Asian American, Native American, and Pacific Islander Students and their Families
Saturday February 13, 2016 • 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Cal State East Bay Gymnasium, 25800 Carlos Bee Blvd., Hayward CA 94542
Registration is now closed but walk-ins are welcome!
What: : Education Summit 2016 for First Generation, African American, Latino, Asian American, Native American, and Pacific Islander Students and their Families. Please click on the following link to download the 2016 Program and Event Flyer (English and Español).
When:Saturday, February 13st, 2016; program runs from 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m., check-in begins at 9:00 a.m.
Where:Cal State East Bay - Hayward Hills Campus in the University Gymnasium, 25800 Carlos Bee Blvd, Hayward, CA 94542.
Highlights:Educational and college-related workshops for students of all ages. College and Resource Fair showcasing Northern CSU campuses, community colleges, and area vendors. Cash For College - Click the link to attend a free workshop to learn about applying for financial aid.
Free Parking: Available in all lots. However, the closest parking lots to the University Gymnasium are Lots A, B, D, or E. See Campus map for locations.
Free Shuttles: Available from the Downtown Hayward BART station to Cal State East Bay. Shuttles will pick up guests approximately every 15 minutes beginning at 8:15am. Throughout the day, the shuttles will also pick up guests in front of the Gymnasium (until 1:00 pm only) and in front of the Recreation and Wellness Center (all day) to depart back to the Downtown Hayward BART station.
Maps and Transportation:Cal State East Bay is easily accessible by major freeways and public transportation systems including the Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART) system and AC Transit.
Food: Free morning beverages only (coffee and hot chocolate), and free lunch will be provided.
Instructions for school/outreach groups traveling by bus:
- We ask that you please have your bus driver enter through Harder Road and turn Left onto W. Loop Road.
- There will be designated areas for bus unloading/loading – along W. Loop Road, near the Gymnasium where registration and the morning session will take place.
- There will be signs and volunteers to direct you to the main event.
- After unloading, all buses must park in Lots G-H. See Campus map for locations.
- Upon arriving at the event, please proceed to the Group Registration table near the Gymnasium entrance for group check-in.
- For your convenience, please review the 2016 Program to begin selecting desired workshop sessions and activities.
Questions:If you have any questions prior to the event or to arrange for accessibility accommodations, please e-mail email@example.com or call 510-885-2612.