Graduate Admission Requirements
Applicants Must Meet the University Admission Requirements
The minimum requirements for admission to graduate and post-baccalaureate studies at a California State University campus are in accordance with university regulations as well as Title 5, Chapter 1, Subchapter 3 of the California Code of Regulations.
Specifically, a student shall at the time of enrollment:
- Have completed a four-year college course of study and hold an acceptable baccalaureate degree from an institution accredited by a regional accrediting association, or shall have completed equivalent academic preparation as determined by appropriate campus authorities.
- Be in good academic standing at the last college or university attended.
- Attained a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.5 in an acceptable earned baccalaureate degree, or a grade point average of at least 2.5 in the last 60 semester units (90 quarter units) attempted, or hold an acceptable post-baccalaureate degree earned at a regionally accredited institution.
At this time, Cal State East Bay is not accepting applications for new Unclassified Post-baccalaureate students.
Applicants Must Meet the Graduate Program’s Admission Requirements
In addition to applying to the University, individual graduate departments may have additional admission standards for their programs. Some departments may have earlier application deadlines than those published, additional forms and documents to submit. Contact your academic department for more information.
How to Apply
Apply to the University
Submit an application for University admission online at CSU Mentor and pay the $55 nonrefundable application fee. Save the application submission confirmation page for your records.
Request official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended to be sent to Cal State East Bay’s Office of Admission. (This includes all institutions before and after your bachelor’s degree.)
Be sure to submit your documents by the published Document Deadlines. View how to submit documents. If your graduate department also requested official transcripts you will still need to submit an additional official copy to the Office of Admission.
Apply to a Graduate Program
Contact your academic department for individual program requirements, admission terms, deadlines, and instructions on where to send departmental documents. Not all graduate programs accept applications for every term.
Once the application has been reviewed by both the University and the graduate program, the applicant will be notified of the admission decision via paper mail and on their my.csueastbay.edu account.
Quarter Start Dates
The approximate start dates for each quarter are as follows:
- Fall Quarter classes begin in mid-September
- Winter Quarter classes begin in early January
- Spring Quarter classes begin in late March or early April
- Summer Quarter classes begin in mid-June
Changing Your Graduate Objective- Current CSUEB Students
If you wish to change your major or apply for a dual masters, visit the Change of Graduate Objective webpage and follow the instructions.
For inquiries regarding admission requirements for a specific program please contact the academic department directly.
For inquiries regarding University admission requirements you may e-mail email@example.com or call 510-885-2784