Graduation Status and Filing for Graduation
After you file for graduation and pay the graduation filing fee will be automatically charged to your student account within approximately two weeks. Make sure your major and minor departments submit a graduation check to the graduation evaluations department prior to the end of the fifth week of the term prior to graduation. A review of your record will not begin until these documents are submitted.
You can check on the current status of your graduation evaluation by visiting MyCSUEB and selecting the “Graduation Status/Commencement” link. The graduation status options you will see are as follows:
- Applied – application for graduation received
- Pending - major check has been received by graduation evaluations. This is an acknowledgement that your evaluator has received your major check and will begin review of your file in the order received.
- In Review – verification of degree requirements in progress. Your graduation evaluator is reviewing your file and will e-mail a review to your Horizon e-mail account. The evaluator will then review your file again at the end of your graduating term to verify all requirements are met and then post your degree.
- Awarded – verification completed and diploma ordered.You can view your degree posting on your transcript immediately.
Transcripts and Diplomas
When you see that your degree has been “awarded,” you will be able to request a transcript as official verification of degree completion. Your diploma will be ordered after your degree is updated to “awarded” status, and will be mailed to your permanent address within 6 to 8 weeks.
Steps to Complete Your Graduation Processing
To assist Cal State East Bay in expediting the processing of your graduation, please complete the following steps:
Check your Cal State East Bay Horizon e-mail daily. A graduation evaluator will e-mail your final review and may contact you with questions or instructions.
Check with your major department (and if appropriate, your minor department as well) to ensure your major check has been completed and sent to your graduation evaluator by the deadline.
Undergraduate students should additionally check with Academic Advising and Career Education (AACE) to ensure all General Education (GE) requirements have been met. EOP and EXCEL students should visit their counselor.
- Please note: No grade may be changed after graduation has been recorded unless an error has been made, in which case students have one term after their degree has been awarded to dispute the grade and have it corrected, or if a fairness petition has resulted in a grade change.
- Order official transcripts from all other educational institutions you have attended. The transcripts must be received by the end of your final term.
Degrees typically are posted within 1 to 3 months after the term of graduation candidacy.