Community Service Scholarship Program
Each summer since 1993, continuing CSUEB Students volunteer with selected non-profit organizations gaining experience and earning a scholarship through the Community Service Scholarship Program (CSSP).
Bay Area non-profits are solicited for summer internships, these are placed on pioneerjobs.
CSSP was created by Mr. and Mrs. Bruce Rosenblatt through a private foundation to encourage students to volunteer.
Presently internships are 100 hours and scholarships are $1000.
Up to thirty internships have been available annually.
We know the CSSP works when, a majority of the students that participate volunteer beyond their 100 hour commitment because they believe in the work that they are doing and know that they are making a difference.
Eligible applicants are CSUEB students that:
- Have minimum 2.0 GPA for undergraduate students; 3.0 GPA for Graduate students
- Have continued full-time enrollment in a degree program in the Fall quarter following summer participation
- Are authorized to work in the U.S. (e.g., H-4 visa holders ineligible, F-1s are eligible)
- Have a major/career interest related to the position applied for
- Complete two reports after 50 hours of service during the internship
- Assist in advertising CSSP; become Ambassadors and share about their experience
- Receive $1000 scholarship after completion of 100 hour commitment; during fall quarter following the summer internship
Details to apply:
- You must be a full-time CSUEB Student in good academic standing.
- You must be in a declared major when you apply and attending full-time in the Fall quarter following the summer internship.
- You must be authorized to work in the US; international students, if you have any questions check with CIE.
- You must relate your interest in an internship to your major and or career interest
- Go to PioneerJobs, click on Job Search, type CSSP in Keyword
How To Apply
- Summer Internship Expo
New UU; Multipurpose Rm. A
2 - 4pm; Feb 11, 2015
- Deadline for Application
April 13, 2015
- Rolling Deadlines
February 22, 2015 - June 5, 2015
- or until all positions are filled