Becoming A PACE Student
- Acceptance for admission as a Cal State East Bay student first prior to PACE application.
- Must be working at least 30 hours per week.
- Completion of 60 transferable semester units with a minimum GPA of 2.0
- Completion of the following specific course requirements with a grade of "C" or better:
- Written communication
- Oral Communication
- Critical Thinking
- A transferable math or statistics course
Students should check with their community college transfer advisor for specific courses that meet these requirements.
- Lower division General Education course work must be completed for PACE admission. Please consult with a community college transfer advisor regarding CSU East Bay’s lower division GE requirements.
- Must pursue a major supported by PACE. Currently PACE only supports Human Development and Liberal Studies majors.
Students who have not completed the PACE entry requirements are encouraged to do so, either at CSU East Bay or at their community college, and reapply to the program when they are completed and they have been admitted to CSU East Bay.
How to Apply
Application to PACE is a two-step process.
Step 1: Apply to the university FIRST, using the CSUMentor online application (www.csumentor.org).
To find out the status of your application to Cal State East Bay, you may call Planning and Enrollment Management at 510-885-2784. Admission to the university does not constitute admission into PACE program.
Step 2: Apply to PACE, once you have been admitted and matriculated at CSU East Bay.
Complete the PACE application which is available online. Click here to apply online to the PACE program.
PACE applicants are evaluated for acceptance into the PACE program after they are admitted to the university. Students will be notified of their acceptance into the program by U.S. mail. Students are normally admitted to PACE in Fall Quarter each year due to the cohort nature of the program. Students may apply for other quarters, however; applications will only be considered into the program on a space available basis.
Please Note: in order to have reserved seats in PACE classes, you must be admitted to the PACE program AT LEAST a MONTH PRIOR to registration beginning on any given quarter. PACE cannot guarantee seats once reserved seats have been requested from the participating Departments. The PACE application process is 1 - 2 weeks, please give yourself ample planning time.
The PACE Curriculum has been carefully structured to help students graduate in as little as seven quarters. PACE students take 12–13 units per quarter. Every year all newly admitted PACE students become members of a cohort (group) to help you schedule your classes in your major. PACE classes are listed in the CSU East Bay Schedule of Classes each quarter. The PACE Schedule is also available on this website by clicking on the link for Schedules & Registration, and then selecting the major and campus that corresponds to you. Please note; currently PACE only supports Human Develpoment and Liberal Studies majors.