Becoming A PACE Student
- Acceptance for admission to Cal State East Bay must be completed before applying to the PACE program. For university admission information and criteria visit the Admission Office's website. To meet with a pre-admission counselor to find out if you meet the admission criteria or to learn more about the admission process, please visit their website.
- Must be a newly admitted transfer student. PACE does not admit current students or a student that started at Cal State East Bay as a freshman.
- Must be working at least 25 hours per week.
- Must be 25 or older.
- Must be willing to take a minimum of 8 units per quarter while enrolled at Cal State East Bay.
- Lower division General Education course work must be completed for PACE admission. Please consult with a community college transfer advisor regarding CSU East Bay’s lower division GE requirements.
- Must pursue a major supported by PACE. Currently PACE only supports Human Development and Liberal Studies majors.
Students who have not completed the Cal State East Bay or PACE entry requirements are encouraged to do so, either at CSU East Bay or at their community college, and reapply.
How to Apply
If you have been admitted to the university and meet the PACE Admission criteria above, click here to apply online to the PACE program.
Students will be notified of their acceptance into the program at their horizon student email account. Students are normally admitted to PACE in Fall Quarter each year due to the cohort nature of the program. Students may apply for other quarters, however; applications will only be considered into the program on a space available basis.
Please Note: In order to have reserved seats in PACE classes, you must be admitted to the PACE program at least a month prior to registration. PACE cannot guarantee seats if you do not meet this deadline. The PACE application process is 1 - 2 weeks, please give yourself ample planning time.
The PACE Curriculum has been carefully structured to help students graduate in as little as seven quarters. PACE students take 12–13 units per quarter. PACE classes are listed in the CSU East Bay Schedule of Classes each quarter. The PACE Schedule is also available on this website by clicking on the link for Schedules & Registration, and then selecting the major and campus that corresponds to you.